ICloud + Custom Email Domains Now Available in Beta
One of the features Apple announced during the WWDC21 keynote with iCloud + was the ability to customize email domains. After two months, you can now do this on the iCloud beta site.
According to Apple, iCloud + will bring new features while users will always pay the same for the service. For example, here’s what the company says about custom email domains on its iOS 15 overview page:
Personalize your iCloud email address with a custom domain name and invite family members to use the same domain with their iCloud email accounts.
Support for custom email domains in iCloud + is a notable addition for iCloud, and it brings feature parity to a long-standing feature of Google Workspace and Microsoft 365. This means tech-savvy teams and families can control their branding online while enjoying the benefits of a hosted server. messaging solution.
Not only that, but iCloud + also brings:
- Private relay is the new flagship feature of iCloud +. With Private Relay, all traffic leaving your device is encrypted and sent through two separate relays. Apple says no one, not even Apple, can access or view this data. This feature looks a bit like an Apple VPN.
- Hide my email is a new feature built into Mail, Safari and other services and it allows you to receive unique and random emails that are forwarded to your main account. This means that you can hide your email from the services for added privacy.
- iCloud + also includes unlimited HomeKit Secure Video Cameras. Currently, iCloud users are limited to five cameras per account, but that limit has been removed for iCloud +.
If you’re signed up for the beta program, just follow these steps to create a custom domain:
- Open beta.icloud.com.
- Click iCloud Settings.
- In “Custom email domain”, click “Manage”.
- Choose whether you want to create a domain for yourself or for your whole family.
- After deciding what your domain name is, add an existing email to redirect your messages.
- Update everything and complete your domain setup.
According to Apple, users can have up to five custom domains, while you and your family members can each have three email addresses per domain.
FTC: We use automatic affiliate links which generate income. Following.